This page contains articles submitted by individual members of the Halton Master Gardeners which may be of interest to readers of this website.
Articles on Plants
Notes on talks and courses
- Green Roofs
- Invasive Species
- Horticultural Therapy
- Growing Plants from Seeds and Cuttings
- Holland and Spring Bulbs
- What about Soil Health? – talk by Dr Kari Dunfield to Halton MG – March 5th 2014
- Stalking the Night Garden – talk by Fiona Reid to Halton MG – April 2nd 2014
- “Terrestrial Orchids of Ontario” – talk by Jenna McGuire to Halton MG – May 7th 2014
- The Pleasures of the Potager – course by Gwynne Basen – September 8th 2013
- Pollination Guelph Symposium – April 2014
- A Tour of Reford Gardens – November 2014
- Report on talk by Suzanne Campeau – Mosses, Ancient Plants for Contemporary Gardens
- Rose Primer April 2015 Lorne Sparrow
- AMGA Conference 2015- David Oldacre October 7th 2015
- 9-E Papercrete, A Hypertufa Alternative-Lee Coates-handout-1 (November 2015)
“Ask a Master Gardener” Articles published in North Oakville Today (formerly Oakville Today)
- Summer Savings
- Winter Containers
- Ferns – Bring a Frond Home
- Why Your Garden Loves Mulch August 10th 2006
- Dry Shade Plants July 27th 2006
- The Asian Long Horned Beetle
- Shrubs native to Canada
- Can House Plants Clean Air?
- What are Heirloom Varieties?
- Balconies and Patios
- Decorative grasses April 28th 2005
- Are There Long Blooming Perennials?
- Designing for small space July 21st 2005
- How to create an English garden
- What grows where in Oakville
- What do the tags mean
- Is lawn worth keeping?
- The secrets behind container planting June 19th 2008
- Black spots on roses
- Planting Clematis June 5th 2008
Short articles published/submitted in the MGOI Quarterly Newsletter
Horticultural information and issues