Welcome to the Halton Region Master Gardener website.
If you are interested in becoming a Master Gardener, please take a moment to look at the following pages which explains who we are, what we do, where we meet, etc. and then go to the Become a Master Gardener page to learn how to get in touch with us.
We are celebrating our 30th Anniversary this year!
What’s New for April 2016
Next Meeting – Wednesday May 4th 2016
7:15am Royal Botanical Gardens, 680 Plains Road West, Burlington.
If you are not a member and would like to attend the meeting, please bring $5.00 with you to help us defray our costs.
Halton Master Gardeners: Presentations and Advice Clinics
- May 18th at Marshall Memorial Church in Ancaster-“What’s in a Name?” presentation at noon
Other Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Saturday May 21st 2016 Ancaster Horticultural Society Plant Sale 8 a.m. until 1 p.m at Food Basics Plaza, Ancaster
- Saturday May 21st 2016 Oakville Horticultural Society Plant Sale
8:30am-11:30am at 5 Dundas St. E, Oakville
- Saturday June 18th 2016 Grand Durand Garden Tour 10:00am – 4:00pm.
- Sunday June 26th Oakville Horticultural Society’s Garden Tour A self-guided tour of eight Oakville’s most beautiful gardens. Tickets are $15.00 each or two for $25.00 and will be available from May 5. Master Gardeners will be available to provide information and advice.
Visit www.oakvillehort.org for ticket outlets.
- Saturday July 16th 2016 Ancaster Horticultural Society Garden Tour 10am to 4pm A tour through seven lovely, unique gardens in Ancaster, ON, on July 16, 2016, with tea and sweet treats at the historical Fieldcote Park & Museum in Ancaster. Tour is in support of Fieldcote Museum expansion fund.Tickets: $20; includes admission to seven gardens, tea, and entry to the current exhibit at Fieldcote Museum, 64 Sulphur Springs Rd., Ancaster, On, L9G 1L8 Tickets are available from May 14 at Ancaster Library, Fieldcote Museum, or reserved by calling 905-304-3708.
For more info visit Website : www.ancasterhort.org
We are now on Twitter which we are using to publicize events, link to media, connect with other MG and garden-related sites and to provide gardening tips to follow on Twitter. If you have a Twitter account you can “Follow” us at @Halton MGs. You do need a personal Twitter account to Follow. Why not try it if you haven’t.
Halton MG Members
Please sign on to Members Pages for important information on the latest additions and changes to website